Asphalt Shingle Roofing in Corpus Christi & San Antonio, TX
Asphalt shingles are among the most popular roof systems in the country. There are several reasons why they’re the preferred option for homeowners and business owners across the Texas Coastal Bend. Here are several reasons why you should consider this roofing option.
10 Benefits of asphalt shingles
- Affordability. This roofing material has one of the lowest cost per square footage in the market, leaving you with a smaller dent in your wallet.
- Easy Installation. Your roofers will thank you for this. They can sometimes even be installed over old shingles.
- Wide Variety. Asphalt shingles are available in a range of colors and style options. Black, white, brown, gray, red, blue, and green. Main styles include 3-tab, architectural, and luxury shingles.
- Resistant to Elements of Nature. They protect your home from algae growth, rain storms, hail damage, and fires.
- Energy Efficient. Asphalt roofs absorb less heat and reflect more sunlight, including UV rays. This results in a cooler home, saving you money on having to crank up the air conditioner.
- Durability. Offers weather resistance and the full coverage you need to protect your home or business.
- Lightweight. The heavier the roof, the more strain you’re putting on the structural integrity of the building. Still durable, asphalt shingles are a lighter option compared to wood, clay or concrete tiles.
- Long Lifespan. You can expect a solid lifespan of 10 to 30 years, depending on the type of asphalt shingles you go with. Of course, regular roof maintenance will maximize its longevity.
- Low Maintenance. Speaking of which, they are easy to clean, repair, and replace if damaged.
- Increases Property Value. Gives your home or storefront a beatiful, natural looking finish, mimicking the appearance of more expensive roofing materials like cedar and slate.
Types of Asphalt Shingles
Asphalt shingles fall under three main categories: 3 tab shingles, architectural shingles, and luxury shingles.
Also known as traditional shingles and strip shingles, 3-tab shingles are the oldest type of shingles available in the market today. They’re large in size and provide self-sealing properties, making them a cost-effective option. They can also combine several shades of color for a more aesthetic flair to your home or storefront.
Also known as dimensional shingles and laminate shingles, architectural shingles are composed of two layers, asphalt and fiberglass. This is currently the most popular type of asphalt shingles due to their visual thickness, stronger weather resistance, and unique shaping.
Also known as designer shingles and premium shingles, luxury shingles also have the two-layer build like architectural shingles but they have a more elegant look to them. They look similar to wood shake and slate roofing while still being more affordable.
Why You should hire a GAF Certified Roofer
TBTC Metal Roofing and Construction is proud to be among the 5% of GAF certified roofing companies in the United States. GAF is one of the largest roofing and waterproofing manufacturers in the world. In order to qualify for this certification, you must show a good standing in your service area, show proof of compliance with licensing and insurance, be subjected to random inspections, and commit to ongoing professional training and continuing education.
You can go to your local hardware store and install a roof yourself, but you will only receive a standard manufacturer’s warranty. This may cover material defects for a few years, but you’re not offered coverage for workmanship, roofing system components, or environmental hazards. TBTC Metal Roofing and Construction offers a GAF System Plus Limited Warranty with each residential and commercial project, which includes the following coverage:
- Lifetime roof warranty for GAF shingles
- 50 years of Smart Choice Protection Period, which is the period of time following your roof installation during which the coverage provided for in your GAF warranty is non-prorated
- 15 years of the WindProven™ Limited Wind Warranty, which has no maximum wind speed limitation
- 10-25 years of algae warranty
- Tear-off labor costs
Repair or Install Your Asphalt Roof with TBTC Metal Roofing
At TBTC Metal Roofing and Construction, our team of expert roofers are highly trained and experienced to install, repair, replace, or upkeep your residential or commercial asphalt roof.
We pride ourselves in being a Latino-owned and family-run business, ranking in the top 10% of engineering firms in the US for technical performance and customer satisfaction rating. We are also among the 5% of GAF certified roofing contractors in the country, providing you with the utmost protection with our exclusive warranties.
Protect what you love. Schedule a free on-site visit today.